It seems like bridesmaids are infamous for jealous fits and laziness but it’s not just their responsibility to help out with all things wedding! Your groomsmen should help to ease stress and do what they can to be a big part of your special day. Here are 5 quick tips to get your groomsmen heading in the right direction!
1. Don’t procrastinate. If you’ve been told that it’s time to get your suit or tuxedo fitted … then go do it and don’t delay. There is no need in putting extra stress on the bride and groom just because you’re too lazy to go to the store!
2. Don’t be late. Plan on attending every wedding festivity and be on time, if not early! There’s a reason they asked you to be a part of their big day and that’s because they want you to celebrate with them every step of the way.
3. Don’t have an attitude. Even if you feel like an idiot in your suit and tie, act like it’s the best day ever! Mingle with the guests, help them find their seat and dance with those who have no one to talk to. It’s your job to help everyone loosen up and have a great time.
4. Don’t play mind games. No cracking inappropriate jokes before the ceremony. This isn’t the time to put any negative thoughts into the groom’s mind. Be supportive, congratulate him and let him know that you’re excited to celebrate.
5. Don’t drink the night away. Don’t drink too much the night of the wedding and don’t drink too much the night before. Have the bachelor party a week before the wedding, get rest the night before the ceremony and don’t embarrass your bud.