DIY Ruffled Belt anyone?
Calling all wedding enthusiasts and to-be brides, I’ve stumbled upon something wonderful. All you “swanky,” fashionable ladies …. please visit LaBelle Bride ASAP …. they hold incredible pieces of inspiration!
Now, I am a definite lover of all accessories. You can take a simple, comfortable outfit and with the right stylish bouts of decor, you can entirely transformed your look. And that’s what these DIY cuties can do.
For your or your bridal party, these DIY Ruffled Belts can easily jazz up a more simplistic top or sleek dress. They add texture, girlish charm and are surprisingly easy to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Different fabrics (chiffon, organza … even silks would be great. Try using different textures like LaBelle bride advises for a more eclectic, artsy feel.)
- Needle and thread
- Belt (whatever is most comfortable for you!)
Here’s what to do, directly from LaBelle:
1) Cut your fabrics into circles. I cut mine so they were about 4 – 5 inches long.
2) Stack the circles for one “leaf” one on top of the other. I stacked about 3.
3) Fold your circles in half
4) Fold them in half one more time
5) Now you have your “leaf”. Pin it as desired on your belt.
6) Repeat steps 1-5 with other “leaves”. Arrange and pin down. For the above belt we made the leaves fan out at the sides with a bit of a main flower in the front.
7) and Begin to sew each leaf down
9) Voilà! Your DIY Ruffled Belt is made! Be sure to cut off any stray threads.
photo and DIY via LaBelle Bride